Feeling the need to write again. Each time I slow down a bit in my incredibly busy life I want to reflect and take a breath. I have been reading Joe Mcnally's blog and thinking not only is this man a killer photographer but also a master writer. "I am not worthy, master!"

I am in the land of pink houses and palm trees this week. Just returned from the airport where I took my good friend to catch a flight back to reality. Back at the apartment the grand-kids are sound asleep in there little beds. There is something so comforting just feeling there presents and knowing all is well with them. I so enjoy my time with them but must admit that it is self inflicted pain as I know I will once again have to leave them and return home.

I want to get out and take some pictures today. Should be a perfect day for it. Nothing real important on the agenda for the day. Vanessa is growing up so fast and quickly moving from the little giggly kid that I helped raise to a wonderful young lady. Megan is also passing from being a baby to a delightful little girl. Everything is so new to her. We went to the park yesterday and she found a small piece of glass about the size of a pea. It was pink on one side and nothing real special. However, to her it was like finding the hope diamond. She carefully placed it on her little bike and instructed me to guard it while she returned to serious playing. When we left the park she wanted to put it in my pocket for safe keeping. I just found it this morning. Now this little sliver of glass is important to me also. It's not the big and expensive things that life is all about but the simple little things. All we have to do is slow down and let life catch up with us.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WEST VIRGINIA DEATH SPIRAL

STIRRING THE POT

WARNING - THIS IS MY SITE, MY OPINIONS, MY VIEWS, AND MY THOUGHTS