Christmas Photo Club Banquet

Last night was a big night for me. I was officially sworn in as President of the Ohio Valley Camera Club. This is a real honor since this coming year the club turns 50 years old. The banquet went over great with the membership and was held at Twin Silos Golf Club. The dinner was Prime Rib, Vegetable Melody, Corn, Baked Potato, Assorted Deserts, and Tea and Coffee. The cost to the membership was only 23.00 per member. Since it went so well the membership requested that next years banquet be held at the same place.

Since I was putting the event together one of my tasks was to write and to give the prayer before the dinner. I wanted to write something that was photography related and I wanted to try to keep the prayer seasonal. So here is what I came up with.

Photo Club Banquet Prayer

Dear Heavenly Father we
would like to thank you for this wonderful evening and would also like to thank
you for beauty in this world that you have created for use to enjoy and
photograph.

Every time I pick up my camera oh lord please
help me remember that everything I see was created by you. Please never
let me forget that the art of photography was your gift to me and please let the
images that I create help touch someone in a special way.

Help me
Oh Lord, to be an artist, collecting the beauty of every soul, the glow of
youth, the wisdom of age, the gentleness, the laughter or tears of each life
that is so precious.

In this evening of fellowship let
us remember the true meaning of Christmas. Please watch over our members
and there love ones so that they can have a safe and wonderful
holiday.

Please bless this food that we now are set to enjoy.
In your name we pray.
Amen
by Michael Adkins

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WEST VIRGINIA DEATH SPIRAL

STIRRING THE POT

WARNING - THIS IS MY SITE, MY OPINIONS, MY VIEWS, AND MY THOUGHTS